Featured Post

A Traveler's Saga

Photo taken at Plitvice National Park, Croatia by Vibhor Dhote Oh! What are these days I have found myself in! The bagpacks I carry n...

Monday, August 18, 2014

Just My Luck


My alarm rang
And I woke up mad.
I tried to unwind the clock;
Alas! It stopped.

I got up from my bed
And, into two, it broke.
I stood up and sighed;
I called it bad luck’s stroke.

I walked to the nearest store;
“Out of bread,” the old man told.
To the next store, I walked a mile;
Shut was the door; “closed” said the sign.

I walked farther
And my heels broke off.
I called out for a cab,
“No,” he said with a scoff.

I came back home
Only to realize
That I lost the keys,
The spare remained inside.

And I cried all day
Till the fall of the dusk;
I heaved a sigh
And called it just my luck.



2 comments:

  1. When you have 2 things going wrong within the first 30 minutes of waking up, sit down with a bottle of water and let the madness leave :). The rest of the day keep going slow. It works :D.

    ReplyDelete