Skip to main content

Uff!! Mere Emotions on "Uff Ye Emotions''


It was during my semester exams when I got the news that Mahaveer publishers are conducting a short-story competition. Love was the genre, a genre on which I had never written any story before. But it so happens that when you read a theme, the story it forms by itself in your tiny grey cells. It did for me when I learned that the participants had to write a love story. But who had the time to pen down the story when every alternate day you have those giant exams that gobble you up in your sleep. Days went by and I forgot the story I had in my mind. My exams, they got over too. Only a few days were left for the submission period of the competition to be over when I realized I had to submit something, not because I simply wanted to, but because I had decided to and I actually had a story in my mind. 10th January 2013 was the last date of submission and I submitted my entry just before sunset crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.


5 long days of waiting; and that’s when I thought I may not be selected as entries were pouring in like anything, almost 1000, from published authors and famous bloggers. On 15th Jan’13 a tear trickled down my cheek as I realized I might have been hoping for something which will give me nothing but failure and a disappointment. I shoved away all thoughts of the contest and carried on with my own life- a juggle of playing my guitar, reading a novel, studying for the impending exams, facebooking, going out with friends, et cetera.

It was at around 9:00 pm when the unexpected happened and with it brought new hopes and instilled new confidence in me. I won the competition; Yes, I did. And it’s now all “Uff Ye Emotions” in my mind. Yes, the anthology Mahaveer Publishers is publishing with the winning entries is christened “Uff Ye Emotions”. The editor of the anthology is none other than Vinit K. Bansal, the author of the novel “I am Heartless”, who was also one of the many judges of the competition. He also has contributed a story for our anthology. The other winners of the competition, my fellow authors are Priyanka Dey, Suresh Chandrasekaran, Pankaj Mittal (the author of "Thank God I'm Heartless"), Rachna Seth (the author of "Love The Ecstasy"), Saurabh Arya, Abhilash Ruhela, Stephen Anthony, Anjit Sharma aka Crestless Wave, Papan Basu, Himanshu Chhabra aka Appie and Drishti Dasgupta.


The cover page of the upcoming anthology is flawlessly designed by Ink Studios’ Sunill Kaushik. 

The book is releasing on 10th of February 2012. And since it is a collection of the best love stories it will undoubtedly be the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for your special someone. If I were not one of the authors, I would have asked for it as a V-day gift too (Now I might have to gift it instead. :-P).

An audio CD of the band ROOUH The Eternal Soul is absolutely free with each pre-ordered copy of our anthology.


The book is now available for pre-order on Homeshop18 featuring us at the most prominent position with a heavy discount of 35%. Link: http://www.homeshop18.com/uff-ye-emotions-collection-award-winning-love-stories-cd/author:vinit-k-bansal/isbn:9789350880388/books/fiction/product:30487131/cid:13167/






 A me-made collage of our Team :)

Looking back at 15th January 2013 now, I think UYE (Uff Ye Emotions) is one of the best things that happened to me. All thanks to the judges who chose my work and my friends who believed in me.

 And now that my friends and readers are pre-ordering for my book it gives me Goosebumps and yes, a wee bit of nervous I am.
 I hope my readers and friends like my story “Happily Ever After” in the anthology. And just because I named it “Happily Ever After” doesn't mean it’s a happy ending, right? Well, I am not that fond of sad endings either. Read it and find it out for yourself, and when you do, don’t forget to drop me a text or a comment about what you think about it.

Comments

  1. Amazing journey
    Great to work wid u

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart congrats. Waiting to read the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to be able to have written for this anthology as it gave me a golden chance to find such great friends! Love you team!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Liebster Blog Award I and II

So I just found it out today that  Geeta Nair  ( http://geetaavij.wordpress.com ) nominated me for  THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD  (liebster meaning “favourite” in German, which reminds me of the first German sentence I learnt - ich liebe dich :-D ) last year.  Also on the same month of November 2013, I was nominated for this award by  Bhavya Kaushik  ( http://bhavyakaushik.com / ) too.  I understand that I am too late in honouring the two nominations of the Liebster Award  but I am a big  fan of the saying – “ better late than never” , so I am going to accept it anyway. Rules of receiving the award : • To accept the award one must link back to the person who nominated him/ her. • Nominate 10 more bloggers who you feel are deserving of more subscribers. • Answer all questions posted by the nominator. • Create 10 questions for the nominees. • Contact the 10 nominees and inform them that they have been nominated for this prestigious award. I further nom

Tears of blood

[ The poem is written as a tribute and encouragement to the unfortunate rape victims of the society who are fighting every day to live with dignity.  This poem is published in  Read In Park ] Never had known pain, As I do now… Never knew what grief is, But I do now… When the morning sun knocks on my window, I weep silently recalling that loathsome night, When the rays fall on my wet pillow, I wail in self pity ending another sleepless night. Every morning I look into the mirror To see the detested face, Robbed, touched, raped, I now loathe my every single trace. I had begged for help, Had cried for mercy, But no one took a single step, That night to rescue me     They jeered at my pain, Laughed at my plight, “Men” they called themselves Those beasts of that night The fear that arouse in me, I fear it may bring my death Growing day by day, It questions my each breath The bruises on my face will heal, But the trauma ev

"Are You a Lesbian?"

“Are you a lesbian?” A friend of mine once asked me mockingly when we were discussing about my aversion from some (“some” not “all”) kind of men. “No. But does it matter?” I asked her scornfully. No, I wasn’t bothered that I was asked a question about my sexuality. But what I didn’t understand was that is being a lesbian a matter to be jeered about? What if I was one? Wouldn’t I be hurt and embarrassed that my sexuality was just mocked at? Why are the words “gay” or “lesbian” used as slangs? Another incident, that took place a couple of years back, was when I was teasing two girl friends of mine, accusing them of having an affair. I considered it as normal as teasing a guy and a girl. One of them found it so disrespectful that she, instead of simply denying the fact, chided that she isn’t of such “third class” standard. I later discussed the small argument that we had, with her, trying to make my point that being a lesbian or a transgender doesn’t define anyone’s cla