Featured Post

A Traveler's Saga

Photo taken at Plitvice National Park, Croatia by Vibhor Dhote Oh! What are these days I have found myself in! The bagpacks I carry n...

Saturday, July 13, 2013

If Only

That last hug
Those constrained smiles exchanged
I knew it was the last summer with you
Since then everything has changed

With a heavy heart
And tearful eyes
I knew it was the last time I’d see you
As we waved our goodbyes

Knowing very well of your absence
Your memories, they dwell somewhere near now
Memories that visit each night
Reminding me of the past, and of what I lack now

If only you were here today
May be peace would have reigned
prayers would have been answered
And hearts wouldn’t have been cozened

But you’re gone now
Leaving nothing but a heart lonely
And all that I have left with me
Are ‘what-if’s, maybes and an if-only

8 comments: